Sunday, July 31, 2005

So now Microsoft won't allow you to update Windows XP unless you have a "genuine" product code. I own Windows XP since it came with my system, but I used a downloaded version with a different product key (the key that came with my system won't work with a 'real' XP install for some reason) because the only version that came with my PC is full of useless software and adware that I just don't want on my system in the first place. Oh well, looks like I won't be getting updates from Microsoft anymore...

Enter WindizUpdate which runs in Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox (or any browser for that matter), and doesn't require you to have a "genuine" product key. I think XP will be my last excursion into OS land with Microsoft. Enjoy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home